الخميس، 23 سبتمبر 2010

Marriage Prayer Requests - Part 2

By
josephylee@aol.com


1. Please pray that I will be a good teacher in the Word of God to
my future wife and our future children.
2. Please pray that I will have a heart of humility and that I will
consider my future wife better than myself.
3. Please pray that I will lead my future family in Christ to be
holy and righteous.
4. Please pray that my future wife and I will not feel so insecure
about our age or age gap.
5. Please pray that I will use my past experience to avoid future
mistakes and problems.
6. Please pray that my future wife and I will anticipate any future
problems by avoiding them through prayer.
7. Please pray that my future wife and I will consider help from a
marriage counselor or pastor when our future marriage goes sour at
a point of divorce or separation.
8. Please pray that my future wife and I will learn to compromise.
9. Please pray that I will be a humble man of God, who will put
the interests of his family above myself through my leadership.
10. Please pray that I will be able to cushion my future wife's
shock physically living with me in our new home.
11. Please pray that I will have many back-up plans in case when I
lose my job.
A. Graduate school Ph.D. at Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD,
and Caltech.
B. Teaching community college.
C. Finding another engineering job in the US and Korea.
D. Starting my own business as an engineering consultant in
solar energy and write a textbook on solar energy.
E. Writing my autobiography and book on apologetics. Devoting
full-time ministry.
12. Please pray that my future wife and I will be able to work
as a team and be able to manage our finances wisely.
13. Please pray that I will be able to listen to my future wife's
cries and complaints in life.
14. Please pray that I would manage a way to take of my future
family financially even if I were to die suddenly at an early age.
15. Please pray that my future wife and I will be able to counsel
and encourage each other when we are discouraged or sad.
16. Please pray that we will have a sound mind in terms of correct
doctrine and preaching of God's Word. Please pray that we will
not be confused by false doctrines and false teachings.
17. Please pray for me that we will be able to teach everything I
know to my future children in the science, engineering, Bible
knowledge, humility, honesty, music, social interactions with
people, manners, tolerance, and understanding.
18. Please pray that we will love our future children even if it
means losing our lives in the process.
19. Although to enjoy marriage through sexual intimacy is not a
sin at all, please pray that we do not idolize it as our main focus.
Maybe, I am not really being honest here since all men want to
have it!
20. Please pray for our continued repentance. Please pray that we
do not worship any idols, which may hinder our future marriage.
21. Please pray that my future and I will be attracted to each
other in terms of our faith in God. Please pray that we will not
be attracted to each by the secular ideas of the world.
22. Please pray that we will not be easily angered whenever we are
not understood by each other. Please pray that we will tame our
foolish tongue and speech whenever we get upset or angry.
23. Please pray that I will protect my future wife and my future
children from physical or spiritual harm and from false doctrine
and teachings. Please pray that I will protect them from the
unfairness of the world. Please pray that I will use the Word of
God as our shield and protector.
24. Please pray that my future wife and I will not keep any records
of wrongs whenever we make a mistake in the past. Please pray that
we will learn to forgive and forget.
25. Please pray that our future family will be filled with the
fruit or gift of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.
26. Please pray that our future family will love each other
inspired by 1 Corinthians 13.
27. Please pray for my future family's confidence in knowing God
inspired by Philippians 1:6. Please pray that we will not have any
false confidence in ourselves, education, money, relationships
with people, appearance, accomplishments or any other idols.
28. Please pray that our future family will master both the Korean
and English languages and will be able to communicate effectively.
Please pray that we will learn some rudimentary Greek and Hebrew
as well when we have time.
29. Please pray that our future family will save money and time.
30. Last, please pray that we will glorify God and enjoy Him
forever! (1 Corinthians 10:31, Psalms 73:26, Psalms 37:4)

In Christ,
Joseph

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق